- American Cancer Society (National) -- www.cancer.org
Information on specific cancers, patient and family information, guidelines for cancer detection and prevention, alternative therapies, breast cancer network, and programs and events.
- American Diabetes Association -- www.diabetes.org
Topics covered here include: What is diabetes?, Living with diabetes, and information for teachers and child-care providers. Also available is information on the ADA's research program and legislative information.
- American Heart Association -- www.amhrt.org
Access to consumer publications and research information about heart disease and related topics. Includes a search engine.
- American Medical Association -- www.ama-assn.org
Home page of the American Medical Association, with access to recent articles in the Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA) and other publications.
- American Public Health Association -- www.apha.org
The association's web site contains information on membership, conferences, and legislative updates. Users can access abstracts from recent issues of the American Journal of Public Health.
- Healthfinder -- www.healthfinder.org
A consumer health and human services information web site from the United States government that leads you to selected on-line publications, databases, web sites, support/self-help groups, government agencies, and nonprofit organizations that provide reliable information to the public.
- Healthcare Management Degree -- www.healthcaremanagementdegree.com
Healthcaremanagementdegree.com was created as an online informational resource for individuals looking to pursue a future in healthcare management, whether through study or as a career.
- International Organization for Standardization -- www.iso.org
The source of ISO 9000 and more than 13 000 International Standards for business, government and society.
- JCAHO -- www.jcaho.org The Joint Commission evaluates and accredits more than 15,000 healthcare organizations in the United States, including more than 5,200 hospitals and nearly 10,000 other healthcare organizations.
- Manage Your Diabetes -- www.healthline.com/adamcontent/diabetes
Resources and information on diabetes.
- National Association for Home Care -- www.nahc.org
Includes information on Medicare home health services, meetings/conferences, publications, legislative/regulatory news, consumer information, and links to state associations. The association has an accessible database of over 28,100 home care and hospice agencies.
- National Quality Forum -- www.qualityforum.org
The National Quality Forum is a voluntary consensus standards-setting body, created in 1999 as a unique public-private partnership.
- National Stroke Association -- www.stroke.org
Research and other information about strokes including prevention advice. Includes links to products and services for survivors and caregivers.
- Senior Sites -- www.seniorsites.com
This site includes information to use when selecting a non-profit housing facility, a search engine for a non-profit housing community database, directory of national and state senior housing associations, and other information on senior housing resources.
- Seniors Blue Book -- www.seniorsbluebook.com
The Seniors Blue Book and SeniorsBlueBook.com provides seniors, caregivers and senior professionals a comprehensive source of services, senior housing options, resources and information that enrich the lives of our elder population while affording those businesses and individuals serving that population a unique medium to present their products and services.
- Think About It Colorado -- www.thinkaboutitcolorado.org
Think About It Colorado is a public awareness campaign designed to spark a statewide conversation about patient safety and to drive reform in this critical area.
- Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality -- www.ahrq.gov
Spanish/English site provides information on current research findings and consumer health. Includes clinical information, quality assessment, and a section dedicated to data and surveys.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention -- www.cdc.gov
Provides information and data on diseases, injuries, health risks, and their prevention. Included are lists of publications, software, and products. This site has multiple links to health information and national organizations.
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) -- www.cms.gov
This site provides an overview of Medicare, Medicaid/Medi-Cal, and Child Health Programs, including the most up-to-date information and data on these topics.
- Department of Health and Human Services -- www.dhhs.gov
Spanish/English site that includes the latest news related to health and health research, links to HHS agencies, and a search engine for all federal HHS agencies.
- Medicare -- www.medicare.gov
Spanish/English site with information about the new Medicare Plus Choice program. Site also includes mechanism for getting questions answered and information on many health issues including fraud and abuse and nursing homes.
- National Cancer Institute (NCI) -- www.cancer.gov
Provides up-to-date news and information on cancer and the programs and resources of the NCI for patients, the public, and the media.
- National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) -- www.ncqa.org
This site contains information on NCQA's managed care quality improvement activities, accreditation and the Health Plan Employer Data and Information (HEDIS). Site also allows for on-line searching regarding accreditation status of individual health plans.
- National Institutes of Health (NIH) -- www.nih.gov
Provides overview of NIH, up-to-date news and events listings, health resources, and links to organizations that make up the NIH.
- Social Security Administration -- www.ssa.gov
Spanish/English site with information on Social Security benefits and Medicare eligibility, contacting the SSA, obtaining necessary forms. "How-to" section on dealing with the SSA also included.
Informs on improvements in patient care, biomedical research, and education. Links to seven databases including Medline.
- National Health Information Center -- www.health.gov/nhic/
Search engine for health professional and consumers who want to search a database of 1,100 organizations and government agencies that provide health information upon request.
- The New England Journal of Medicine -- www.nejm.org
Access to abstracts from recent issues of the journal. Full text articles can be ordered electronically.