HealthcareCommunities.org (HC) is a web-based knowledge management system that provides multiple means for the healthcare quality improvement community to share knowledge and contribute to each others’ QI work. Visit www.healthcarecommunities.org for more information.
- Resource Center
The HC’s Resource Center is a publicly-accessible repository for documentation, tools, and resources related to healthcare quality improvement. The Resource Center assists service delivery organizations, educational institutions, local/Tribal/state based community leaders, and members of the general public by making available information about and resources related to community-based quality improvement initiatives.
- My Communities
The HC has private areas for organized quality improvement communities that are based around different clinical and operational interests, such as the Patient Safety and Clinical Pharmacy Services Collaborative, Donation and Transplantation Community of Practice, and the State Health Access Program. Community members use password-protected access to community-specific files, forums, calendars, listservs, and other tools and features. Community members include professionals from:
- Critical access hospitals
- Organ procurement organizations
- Large trauma centers
- Schools of Medicine, Business, Nursing and Pharmacy
- Poison control centers
- Health centers
- Rural health clinics
- Community, Tribal and State based organizations
- Our community-specific portal is the ICPC Community.
Free registration for the HC provides several benefits including:
- Access to an intuitive web portal with thousands of documents to assist in improving outcomes
- Ability to communicate with peers in your field
- Ability to share knowledge with others based on small test of change
- Ability to collaborate on best practices
- Communities specific to your interest
For more information, please visit www.healthcarecommunities.org.